The treatment involves the pressing,
kneading, squeezing and gentle pounding of the soft tissues of the body
to relieve tension, detoxify and increase blood flow.
Body massage can include the
whole body (from scalp to toes); the back, neck and shoulder area; or the
feet and legs. Other areas, such as the head and face, can also be
focused on if a client requests.
Massage is beneficial in many ways, including:
- relaxing both mind and body
- easing muscular aches and pains
- promoting good circulation
- encouraging better sleep patterns
- relieving the symptoms of stress
- aiding digestion
- ridding the body of toxins
- improving skin condition and muscle tone